The Department of Biochemistry at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore started in 1921. It has remained in the forefront of biochemical research in the country. It has deservedly received recognition at various stages of its growth. The department was recognized as a Centre of Advanced study in Biochemistry in 1968 by the University Grants Commission.
Department of Biochemistry
Biological Sciences Building
Indian Institute of Science
C.V.Raman Road, Bangalore - 560012